Successful Amazon sellers always go the extra mile, trying to find new ways to boost their sales and build customer loyalty. Many of them are achieving this thanks to Amazon Live.
This new service allows sellers to stream valuable content to marketplace users. So, if you’re looking for fresh media to drive traffic to your store, then Amazon Live is for you.
In this post, we’ll explain what Amazon Live is and how you can tap into the benefits of online video streaming.
What is Amazon Live?
As its name suggests, Amazon Live is an online streaming service that enables sellers to broadcast their own videos. They can host live streams on Amazon and showcase their products while having a casual talk with their customers.
Amazon Live can be found under the All drop down menu on Amazon’s main page, within the Programs & Features section.
Images: Amazon Live (Tools.Electro.DIY)
There’s a carousel right below the video feed where customers can find related products.
Each live feed includes an active chat service, which enables interaction between sellers and buyers.
Broadcast Your Value
This is quite the promotional tool for sellers. Why? Because Amazon shoppers can’t interact with products like they would do while walking through the aisles of a brick-and-mortar store.
Therefore, Amazon Live gives sellers a unique funnel to inspire, engage, and educate customers.
Here are some tips you can use to make your customers’ experience more enjoyable while live-streaming:
- Let the audience know what you can offer to build trust and inspire them to make a purchase.
- Educate customers by describing your products’ features.
- Respond to any questions your customers may have to increase your engagement rate.
Customers can choose to ‘follow’ streaming brands, and since streams also appear on product listings, they can stay up to date on special offers and trending items.
Plus, the service is currently free. Sellers don’t have to cover additional fees to use Amazon Live. This makes it a great asset to build your brand.
Why Use Amazon Live?
Live streaming popularity is rising. And as an Amazon seller, it’s only logical to seize Amazon’s new marketing channel to reach a greater audience and potentially boost sales.
Amazon Live gives you the chance to secure long-term followers. Think of it like the ‘Subscribe” feature on YouTube. When a user turns to your feed, they can follow you.
The “follow” feature will make it easier to target specific products and offers to customers who are truly in love with your brand.
Besides, as your follower base increases, you can create special promotions that only Amazon Live viewers can enjoy.
Thus, you create an exclusive relationship with your audience, and encourage repeat viewership.
How Does Amazon Live Work?
Do you want to join Amazon Live? Great! Then, you must learn how to use Amazon Live Creator. This is the tool you’ll use to create your own live streams.
Note that the app is only available on iOS, so you’ll need an iPhone or iPad to stream. Also, keep in mind that Amazon Live is available only for Brand Registered Sellers and Vendors in the US.
If you meet the previous criteria, you can download the Amazon Live Creator App, and log in with your Seller Central or Vendor Central account.
Now let’s review how you can use Amazon Live Creator to broadcast live streams.
Amazon Influencer Program
Image: Amazon Influencer Program (Tools.Electro.DIY)
Amazon Live is also available to influencers enrolled in the Amazon Influencer Program. This is an extension of the Amazon Associates program, which helps content creators to monetize their web traffic.
The program gives influencers their own Amazon storefront and customized URL. The only requirement is to have either an Instagram, Twitter, YouTube or Facebook account to enroll.
This way, influencers can showcase their favorite items to followers in their social media platforms. And when a user buys a product, influencers earn referral fees from Amazon.
Plus, influencers who stream on Amazon will have their videos featured both on Amazon Live and their own storefronts.
How to Use Amazon Live Creator
Amazon Live Creator supports direct streaming from mobile devices to the marketplace. The app is quite simple to use.
Images: Amazon Live Creator
Here’s a quick step-by-step guide to get you started:
- Step 1 As we mentioned before, download the Amazon Live Creator app into your iOS device. Then create a live account using your Seller, Vendor, or influencer account.
- Step 2 The next steps are to select your brand and create a profile name to use the app. Following this step, you can now choose specific products to your stream.
- Step 3 Amazon monitors all live streams. Be sure to review the Amazon Live community policies. You don’t want to violate any rules and risk your streaming being cut off.
- Step 4 Preparation goes a long way. So, if you feel you need some practice, Amazon Live Creator has a handy practice mode. Here are some of the key points to look out for:
- Come up with a title, write a short script and some talking points.
- Create a unique thumbnail to get the users’ attention.
- Prepare a clean, quiet and well-lit space to stream. Make sure you won’t be interrupted, and try to reduce any background noises.
- Mind your surroundings. For example, if you are promoting a kitchen appliance, set up the stream in a kitchen.
- Check that your device is fully charged or plugged in. Also confirm that you have a reliable internet connection. You don’t want to run out of power before the stream is over.
- If possible, use an external camera and microphone to improve streaming quality.
- Go through your talking points and responses before engaging customers. Try to speak clearly and concisely.
- Set up a start time and share it with your followers.
- Step 5 Are you ready? Then it’s time to spread the voice among your audience!
Make the most of every streaming. Introduce more than one product, showcase every asset, and reply to comments.
Keep an eye on the chat feature while you stream. It’s all about creating a personal experience for the audience.
Even better, have one more person install the app. This way, you can reply to messages on camera, and your teammate can also monitor and respond in the chat.
Amazon Live Creator also features built-in analytics. Remember to review your streaming metrics after each session:
- Total sales
- Follower growth
- Total video views
- Unmuted views
- Total product clicks
- Minutes streamed
- Total Livestreams
Though Amazon Live is free, the Creator app does have the option to pay and “boost your livestream”. This option displays your streaming across the marketplace to attract new customers.
Image: Amazon Live
Amazon advices to broadcast 30-minute streams. This timeframe helps users to discover it and interact with your brand. But the retail giant also rewards effort and commitment.
Amazon Live features a unique leveling up system. Each streamer is rated according to three levels:
- Rising Star, Insider, and A-List. Rising Star. Every brand starts at this level. Content is eligible for the ‘Live Now’ row, product listings, and category rows in Amazon Live. You can also share livestream links and send streaming notifications to followers.
- Insider. You must stream for 90 minutes within 30 days to earn this status. Insider streamers get all Rising Star benefits and a top-of-place spot in Amazon Live’s site.
- A-List. This is the highest Amazon Live level. A-Listers enjoy all Rising Star and Insider benefits. Plus, they have special access to Amazon Live events, priority support, and a spot in Amazon homepage.
Amazon will review your overall streaming minutes, frequency, and schedule consistency when you apply to level up.
Sellers are eligible for A-List status when reaching 1,000 streaming minutes in 30 days. Brands also have to sell 100 item units within the same timeframe, or drive $5,000 sales.
As you can see, Amazon Live offers a lot of potential for sellers. It is a powerful channel that enables discovery, interactivity, and engagement.
Live video is an excellent way to share content that engages customers. That’s why platforms like Instagram focus on creating great streaming experiences.
Registered sellers should seize Amazon Live to showcase products, charm users, and boost profits.
So, go live, showcase your brand and broaden your audience today!